SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#147139 - 10/08/02 05:00 PM "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Dnj Offline

#147140 - 10/08/02 05:58 PM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Even though I didn't understand what was said, this is a great demo. Very entertaining to hear familiar american tunes performed in a 'distinctly German' style. As usual I'm totally 'blown away' by the awesome realism, especially the guitar & bass patches. The organs sounded particularly impressive as well. Who's the guy playing the Tyros? He's both a terrific keyboard player & versatile performer? Donny, thanks for sharing the link. Are you 'any more' impressed with Tyros after hearing all these new demos?

#147141 - 10/08/02 06:24 PM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
AWESOME demo. Especially the clasical stuff he did starting with Beauty & the Beast. Great player - great sounds.
Wish it had built in speakers.

#147142 - 10/08/02 06:33 PM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
trtjazz Offline

Incredible.....the Sweet Violin sample wow!

I'd hump a stack of sky high Marshalls if I needed to with this board. No offense to any, but I just cannot believe the big deal being made over the speakers, we're talking humping one extra box/bag. The sound of the board should be the primary concern IMO, the rest is just the mechanics of making it happen.

Thanks Dnj for putting this up even the way this was recorded then compressed with mp3, to me hands down, best sounding board I have ever heard including any workstations.
Terry

#147143 - 10/08/02 06:46 PM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Scottyee Offline

Uncle Dave & Donny: I concur with you guys about preferring that the Tyros came with 'built in' speakers, which has subsequently resulted in all my recent posts desperately searching for another kb monitoring alternative. It's appearing that the Tyros sub woofer & speakers may not be as difficult or time consuming to attach/dettach as I originally thought. I read on the Yahoo forum that there may be a way to make a simple alteration to the satellite speakers so they will be able to slip in/out of the keyboard holder rather than have to be screwed in. I was impressed with the 9000pro over a year and 1/2 ago, but it's large size and weight kept me away. The Tyros, at a mere 27 lbs (granted without speakers) is nearly half the weight and small enough (with case) to easily fit in the trunk of my car. If the Tyros speakers are as easy & quick to attach/dettach and transport as I hope, I probably will be going with Tyros, but you probably already knew that huh?

#147144 - 10/08/02 07:02 PM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
No onboard speakers was IMHO a HUGE Mistake for Yamaha, as usual they have Home User on their mind :>(

Donny: Though I personally prefer having built in speakers as well, I think that in Yamaha's eyes (and many pro synth players as well), that only non Speaker keyboards are considered 'PRO' boards, while keyboards with speakers geared for the home user. I believe Yamaha actually came out with the 9000PRO in an attempt to attract the Pro keyboard market to an arranger style keyboard. In a sense it's worked, because the 9000pro appears to be one of the first arrangers to be reviewed by Keyboard Magazine and receive praises by mainstream pro musicians as well.

- Scott

#147145 - 10/08/02 07:09 PM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
trtjazz Offline

Dnj,
Well,I guess different strokes for different folks.....but think about this...none of the so called "Pro" workstations come with speakers. I've never heard anyone that used them myself included say....man if it only had internal speakers. Personally, I think it was a very smart move of Yamaha to offer it both ways in one package. Those that use more high powered stage setups and monitors, buy it without and for those that want to have them as monitors buy them with, it's really that simple a decision.

Simon already said, that the brackets stay on and all one has to do is release the catch and they come off, perhaps a 15 second setup and tear down.

It's the way this board is, if that really irritates you enough over the remander of the features and sounds....simple decision, don't buy one. I believe with the way they are faced rather than pointing at the ceiling and with the subwoofer, it's going to sound far better then two dinky speakers mounted internally would sound. As far as the weight....if they were in the board, the board would be heavier, so you either carry the weight in one heavier package or two lighter ones.
jam on,
Terry

#147146 - 10/08/02 11:05 PM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Scottyee Offline

Donny: I just found out that the Tyros satellites speakers deliver 20 watts per channel and that its sub woofer delivers 40 watts per channel. This totals much more than my PSR2000 delivers so it seems like sufficient monitoring volume (to me). The Fender (20 lbs) is basically the same weight as the Tyros sub woofer plus the 2 satellite speakers. I think the avantage of utilizing speakers mounted on the keyboard facing you is that it offers more accurate mid-high frequency ear level monitoring which the Fender (if situated on the floor) could not provide. I think the increased time it would take to setup & attach the Tyros speakers compared to setting up the Fender unit is probably pretty marginal: 30 seconds at most, especially if you leave the mounting brackets attached to the KB, allowing the little satellite speakers to easily slide and lock via a convenient clip/lock system.

For those situations (very small rooms with very few people) where I still want to utilize the kb's built in speakers for BOTH monitoring as well as providing the main sound to the audience, I'll continue to take the lightweight 24 lb PSR2000.

#147147 - 10/09/02 05:18 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
Dnj,

Simon already said, that the brackets stay on and all one has to do is release the catch and they come off, perhaps a 15 second setup and tear down.

Terry

Yep in my opinion you have the best of both worlds! You've got a lightweight pro looking keyboard that you can plug into a decent external PA system, yet within seconds you can clip on the satellites and put the sub on the floor to get a decent sound quality far better than any internal speaker system could offer!

Simon

Tyrosworld

#147148 - 10/09/02 05:43 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Roel Offline

Scott,
I think the guy is Michel Voncken, a 'Dutchie' who is sales-director in Germany and I was told he was directly involved in the creation of 'european' styles.
His spoken German has a slight dutch accent.

Unfortunately the audio quality is very poor.
I hope one of the (dutch) dealers is able to record more demo's in better Q.

Roel

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online